Final meeting «Mighealthnet»
Centre Albert Borschette
Brussels, Wednesday April 15th, 2009
The MIGHEALTHNET project
The MIGHEALTHNET project aims to stimulate the exchange of knowledge on migrant and minority health through the development of interactive data bases in each of the participating countries. These 'wikis' will contain the following sorts of data:
1. Background information concerning migrant and minority populations
2. The state of health of migrants and minorities
3. The health care system and the entitlement of migrants and minorities to health care
4. Accessibility of health care
5. Quality of care: ‘good practices’ developed to improve the matching of service provisions to the needs of migrants and minorities
6. Achieving change: centres of expertise, general reports and policy documents, journals, training programmes, E-mail groups etc.
By facilitating the transfer of knowledge and expertise and stimulating network formation within and between European countries, the project hopes to further the development of good practices concerned with the health of migrants and minorities.