The outpatient department is open to all people and provides analysis, treatment and prophylaxis of eye diseases.
The service particularly focuses on:
• early diagnosis and correction of visual disorders in children;
• control of eye disorders due to poor hygienic conditions and inadequate nutrition;
• health education aimed at achieving rational and modern eye therapy, abandoning empirical practices and practices supported by popular and superstitious beliefs;
• prevention, treatment and surveillance of degenerative eye diseases;
• information campaigns and counselling on the correct use of glasses and contact lenses, on eye problems related to using display equipment and on accidents at work;
• epidemiological and clinical studies on eye diseases due to ignorance and poverty.
Collaboration with the other NIHMP specialist services, with the ophthalmology department of the “La Sapienza” University and with other hospitals in Rome, and the removal of waiting lists are the guidelines of our approach to people.
The service provides the following services:
- Eyeglass prescription
- Intraocular pressure measurement
- Eyeground observation
- Schirmer's test
Referral person: Dr Paolo Turchetti