The social and health care services provided by the NIHMP also include nursing assistance. The NIHMP nurses are men and women from different geographical and cultural areas (i.e. Italia, Romania, Peru).
The assistance provided is centred on people, considers their social and cultural context and its influence on health, especially as regards disadvantaged population groups.
Nurses are involved in all the activities of the outpatient department and offer prevention, treatment, technical assistance and training.
Their strict collaboration with doctors and cultural mediators make it possible to translate and explain the advice provided for those foreigners who do not easily understand Italian.
The NIHMP nurses provide the following services:
• Skin medications: by submitting the medical prescription of a NIHMP doctor, medications can be received, also on a daily basis, in the nurse room from Monday to Friday from 11.00 am to 12.30 am
• Clinical tests: by submitting a medical prescription at the administrative counter, clinical test can be undergone every morning. Some specific test are only available fromMonday to Friday. For further information, please call the number 0658543744. Reception open until 9.45 am
• Injections: by submitting the medical prescription of a NIHMP doctor, injection therapies can be undergone from Monday to Friday from 11.00 am to 12.00 am
• Gynaecology: a nurse providing specialised assistance always supports the activity of the NIHMP gynaecologists
• Plastic surgery: a nurse providing specialised assistance always supports the NIHMP doctor performing minor skin surgery.
Reception: every day from 7.30 am to 11.00 am
Reception for clinical tests: every day from 7.30 am to 9.45 am
Clinical test results: from Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 12.30 am; Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 2.30 am to 4.30 am
Medications and injections: every day from 11.00 am