Infectious and parasitic diseases
The Infectious and parasitic diseases service provides diagnosis and clinical and laboratory follow up for the main infectious diseases, especially sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and particularly focusing on weak population groups.
The infectious and parasitic diseases unit provides the following services:
• routine specialist examinations;
• pre- and post-HIV test counselling and referral to the centres providing antiretroviral therapy;
• screening, treatment and follow-up for STDs;
• diagnosis and treatment of tuberculosis and complex respiratory infections;
• control and treatment of imported diseases.
The provided services include
- serological analysis for infectious diseases;
- microbiological and virological analysis for the main infectious, tropical and parasitic diseases;
- Mantoux test;
- nasal, pharyngeal, tonsillar, urethral tampons and samples of skin lesions;
- outpatient treatment of STDs.
From Monday to Friday from 8.30 am to 1.30 pm;
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday also in the afternoon from 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm.
No reservation is needed. Foreign patients can use the linguistic and cultural mediation service.