Are you leaving? Have you just come back from a trip? Refer to the NIHMP Travel Medicine Service
The NIHMP - San Gallicano Hospital activated the Travel Medicine Service with the objective of promoting travellers health, preventing tourism pathologies and, when needed, offering support at travellers’ return. The outpatient department is in Via delle Fratte di Trastevere, 52 - Ground Floor, for accessing the service no medical prescription is needed. You just have to go to the outpatient department or to the reception, the Cultural Mediation Service will provide you with information in more than 30 languages.
If you want to, you can take an appointment with the health operators of the outpatient department (06 5854 3618).
The current target population of the Travel Medicine Service is represented by travellers and migrants, including risk categories, each one showing different and sometimes complex problems, which must be treated by expert personnel.
The following services are provided:
• Information, counselling, specialist examinations for travellers before and after their trip;
• International vaccinations and information about malaria chemoprophylaxis;
• Information for the local health professionals about the main aspects of international prophylaxis;
• The main infectious diseases tests to undergo after the trip;
• Tuberculosis screening (Mantoux test).